a chart of 1773 scars no household on the site, nor really does the tithe map of 1838, (fn

Following former manor house was basically isolated from manor at sale of 1881, the lords of this manor lived-in exactly what have earlier become called Fisherton Delamere Farm. Since 1889 (fn. 153) it has been also known as officially, if you don’t commonly, The Manor. Really a stone strengthening, and is the only real house in the former parish to rest north in the Codford-Deptford roadway. 154) together with quarters generally seems to date through the second one-fourth on the 19th millennium.

On different events between 1804 and 1825 customary process of law furthermore seated

Courtroom goes or books survive for 1662, (fn. 155) 1686, (fn. 156) 1700aˆ“54 and 1771aˆ“89. (fn. 157) and these you’ll find transcripts of procedures for 1684 as well as for some ages between 1801 and 1841. (fn. 158) So far as has been set up, courts baron are presented in the duration. (fn. 159)

Improvements produced in the 1920’s put a Georgian deck, french microsoft windows about south side, and many interior fixtures

At some time, most likely in early 14th 100 years, Baldwin de Bellany offered places in Boulsbury in southern area Damerham (Hants) and 1 /5 virgate in Fisherton, which his brother William conducted, to Hugh Wake, lord of Winterbourne Stoke. They were becoming a wedding section for Joan, his daughter. (fn. 160) About 1329 Joan died seised of 5 virgates in Bapton and Fisherton which the 1/5 virgate mentioned previously most possibly created part. The woman child, Thomas, is the lady heir, (fn. 161) plus in 1384 had been coping with lands in places. (fn. 162) He passed away after 1398aˆ“9 and had been succeeded by their relative and heir, Thomas Poynings, Lord St. John (d. 1429), just who in 1426aˆ“7 communicated the countries to Sir Walter Hungerford, later on Lord Hungerford (d. 1449). From him they descended in Hungerford range to Mary, girl Hungerford, which married Edward, Lord Hastings, in 1481. (fn. 163) They were known as manor of BAPTON in 1487. (fn. 164) Edward and Mary Hastings transmitted these to their boy George Hastings, Earl of Hundingdon (d. 1545), which used all of them in 1532 called the manors of Fisherton and Bapton. (fn. 165) In 1537 he given these to William Paulet, Lord St. John, and thereupon they became an important part of the capital manor. (fn. 166)

The ownership of a house in BAPTON, next https://www.datingranking.net/nl/amolatina-overzicht advertised as a ‘manor’, is contested during the early 16th century between members of the Kellaway family members and other suitors. Sometime between 1486 and 1493 or between 1504 and 1505 a Thomas Hymerford said to have come seised for the ‘manor’, but for already been deprived on the deeds by Thomas Kellaway, (fn. 167) along with the time scale 1532aˆ“44 Edmund, boy of Thomas Estcourt, laid the same fee against Robert Kellaway. (fn. 168) In 1545 a John Kellaway was actually staying in Bapton, (fn. 169) and it also had been without doubt he whom in 1566 bought out Edmund Estcourt’s passions in Fisherton along with other areas (fn. 170) and who died in 1568 seised of a capital messuage and lands in Bapton and Tisbury, presented for the Marquess of Winchester by Fisherton manor. (fn. 171) Discover some explanation to imagine that Robert and Thomas Kellaway, mentioned above, happened to be correspondingly their father and grandfather. (fn. 172) If this is therefore, subsequently John’s great-grandfather was actually known as William Kellaway. William married a Joan Barret, and also in 1413 a John Barret ended up being keeping land in Bapton, Tisbury, along with other nearby locations, that he obtained from his relative, Thomas Payne, just who, in his turn, have acquired all of them from their father-in-law, John Ellis. This Ellis had another son-in-law, labeled as Walter Estcott-presumably the same as Estcourt. (fn. 173) It is possible it absolutely was through the gifts of John Payne to John Barret that Kellaway lands in Bapton happened to be first obtained while the state they those lands by Edmund Estcourt very first setup.